From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Thu Aug 24 23:58:12 2017
Subject: 17.08.24 Senior Back-End Developer, Elsevier, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Senior Back-End Developer, Elsevier,
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
You are a world-class Back-End (Java) Engineer, experienced in advanced
software development methodologies, tools, frameworks, and standards.
Here in Elsevier, you will join a fast-paced, result-driven and
international team of passionate and entrepreneurial software engineering
professionals and drive development of large-scale, distributed
Our diverse team consists of over 7 nationalities and spoken languages,
stretching across Europe and the US and relying on a well-developed
network of industry leaders - partners and suppliers.
This position is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. You will report to
the Manager Software Development & QA, ELSS Technology.
Deliver on Product Development roadmaps
- Led by Software Development manager
- Work in a team to deliver on Product Development roadmaps timely
- Maintaining rock solid delivery track record
- Carefully managing scope of releases and sprints
- Coming up and applying innovative solutions
- Efficiently communicating with Business and Technology stakeholders
- Ensure up-to-date reports and rolling forecasts are presented timely
Drive Back-End technology adoption and transformation
- Contribute to the spirit and success of innovation by advocating
proactive exploration of latest technology (tools, frameworks,
approaches, trends) with visible result
- Team commitments and actionable outcomes materializing in product
improvements and introducing managed disruption to existing products and
Contribute to Cloud and DevOps org. transformation projects
- Work with internal and external stakeholders
- Attend workshop and conferences
- DevOps culture and flexible, scalable, yet resilient Cloud
Drive Back-End technology unification across ELSS portfolio
- Sponsor technology sharing across various SD and QA teams
- Spark interest and help facilitating successful outcomes
- Assure solid foundation exists and there is interest for engineers
to move between projects.
What you should bring
- PhD in Chemistry or related natural sciences with a very strong
background in Software Development or a Master's Degree in Software
Development and Information Technology is preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
- Very strong hands-on experience with Java and J2EE is a must
- Excellent understanding of fundamental algorithms and OO design
- Service implementation (REST, SOA: standards, views, &
- Format standards and tools in XML, XSD, XSLT; JSON
- Expert with server code tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- Conceptual understanding and experience with No-SQL and SQL databases
- Understanding of Big Data, Data Analysis and ML problem area and
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash)
- Python, Ruby, PERL or similar
- AWS Cloud solutions experience (e.g. CloudFormation, TerraForm,
Chef/Puppet, Hiera, other native services)
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment
with great opportunities for personal development!
To apply, please follow this link:
What we do?
is a world leading provider of information solutions – we
transform data and information into a vital, organic system of ideas that
produces solutions to critical human challenges. We do this by combining
information with digital tools, platforms and analytics to create
knowledge that is both empowered and empowering – placing them in hands
of authors, educators, scientists, researchers, clinicians, professionals
to see why we are proud to be part of Elsevier!
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
- We are committed to building cohesive teams where communication,
support and innovation thrives. Instead of taking a top-down approach to
new ideas, all members of the team are empowered to contribute. Great
ideas can come from anywhere
- We adopt an Agile process, with daily stand-ups, sprints, demos,
retrospectives and other Agile practices
- All features are written as a user story, and we strongly believe
in a user centred approach to design, as this is a user facing product.
Many of our features come as a direct result of user testing, and
therefore may not have been predicted in advance.
All @ signs were changed to _ to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change _ to @
For example: change joe _ big123comp.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at