From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Wed Oct 25 00:02:37 2017
Subject: 17.10.24 Scientific Software Developer: novel approaches to predict crystal morphology and nucleation. Avant-garde Materials Simulation, Freiburg, Germany
Scientific Software Developer: novel approaches to predict crystal morphology
and nucleation. Avant-garde Materials Simulation, Freiburg, Germany.
Avant-garde Materials Simulation is the world-leading provider of software for organic Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). We have successfully competed in the last three CSP blind tests and intend to pioneer other areas of predictive materials modelling. We rapidly deploy new technology to some of the leading pharmaceutical companies. AMS'GRACE software is the world-leading software tool for Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP). You will apply the strategies developed for CSP to predict the structure and energetics of molecular clusters, of restructured crystal surfaces, of molecules on crystal surfaces, and steps and kinks on crystal surfaces.
Before you can apply for this job at
you need to fill out the application form at:
The position will be initially open for 36 months with the intention to make it permanent thereafter. You will report to Dr. Marcus Neumann, the founder and director of Avant-garde Materials Simulation.
Starting date: ideally 01.12.2017, at the latest 15.01.2018.
- PhD in physics, chemistry, computer science, or a related field
- Very strong molecular modelling background
- High performance computing experience, and familiarity with various molecular modelling software tools
- You are familiar with object oriented and template programming in C++
- You are familiar with writing parallel MPI programs
- You are familiar with running calculations on HPC clusters
- You are familiar with global optimization techniques such as Monte Carlo parallel tempering
- You have a strong molecular modelling background
- You have experience with using ab-initio calculations, force fields or both
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You are committed to reduce the carbon footprint at work and care about Ethics in Business
- You are a team-player
- Can-do attitude
- You readily accept guidance by senior colleagues
- You are rigorous, precise and solution-oriented
- You can execute complex sub-projects independently
- You are pragmatic and willing to accept the constraints of a historically grown code
- You have a genuine interest in the development of efficient computer algorithms
- Intercultural awareness: our customers and teams come from all over the world. Thus it is important to be able to adapt to different mentalities and cultural contexts.
What we offer:
a work place where you are given the opportunity to shape your future
We are a small family business with short communication paths. The impact of your work is immediately visible and directly supports other team members. We aim to provide a professional environment in which people from all over the world at different stages of their lives can find the work-life balance that suits them. Because we care about our employees, our customers' needs, scientific progress and the planet, working at AMS does have a meaning.
- Flexible work time management around core hours
- Part-time work for some of the positions
- Training for job specific topics as well as to grow your own potential
- yearly: 25 days paid leave + about 10 days public holidays
- Equal opportunity policy
- Help with settling in
AMS is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disabilities, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
- What matters most to us, beyond your skills and experience, is your mindset. Tell us more about it in your covering letter!
- Please fill in our Application Form
we take security very seriously and never open attachments from unknown sources. Let us know which position you are applying for: first copy and paste the job title into the field Letter of motivation, and then write the cover letter addressed to our HR and Communication Manager Elsa Gheziel-Neumann. Please indicate your earliest availability.
- We will first collect applications until mid November, and then start to give you feedback via Email.
- Upon successful completion of a Skype interview, you will be invited to Freiburg for a series of interviews and tests with AMS staff.
All @ signs were changed to /./ to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change /./ to @
For example: change joe/./big123comp.com to email@example.com
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at