The institutes of Structural Biology and Medicinal Chemistry at the Helmholtz Zentrum Mnchen have established a joint platform for structure- and fragment-based drug discovery, which integrates NMR methods, computational approaches, and chemical synthesis to develop and apply novel approaches beyond current state-of-the-art for the discovery of new targets and therapeutic small molecules. Therapeutic targets address a range of topics, ranging from diabetes, lung disease to targets in parasitic diseases and antibiotic resistance. To strengthen our team we are looking for:
Postdoctoral scientist in computer-aided drug discovery (m/f)
We seek candidates to further expand our portfolio of computational tools and methods for drug discovery. The position allows unique opportunity to merge innovative computing approaches with experimental feedback (Structural biology, NMR, fragments, medicinal chemistry). The scientist will be responsible for creating new virtual screening pipelines and results evaluation methods.
- Doctoral degree in chemistry, biochemistry, physics, computer sciences or related
- Good object-oriented programming skills, interest in front-end creation, machine learning or AI interest would be appreciated
- Commitment to work in the structure-based drug discovery field
- Strong motivation to contribute novel ideas to healthcare
- Creativity and a strong commitment to team work
- Strong communication and organizational skills are expected
Ideally, we are looking for a candidate with experience in building KNIME workflows, 3D docking and molecular dynamics of protein-ligand systems. Experience in programming, especially front-end creation is desired.
- Postdoctoral scientist position in the Institutes of Structural Biology and Medicinal Chemistry at the Helmholtz Zentrum Mnchen
- Innovative research focused on treatment of important human diseases
- Working in a vibrating and scientifically stimulating environment with excellent facilities for structural biology (crystallography, NMR, protein biochemistry, cell biology, imaging, animal models, and more)
- Excellent academic and industrial networking opportunities
- Support in developing management skills
Remuneration and benefits are in accordance with the collective agreement for the public service (TV Entg. Bund).
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
As a holder of the Total E-Quality Award, we promote equality of opportunity. In order to increase the proportion of women in management positions, we would be pleased to receive corresponding applications. Qualified applicants with physical disabilities will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive online application.
Dr. Grzegorz Popowicz
Phone: +49 (0) 89 3187-3727
Helmholtz Zentrum Mnchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fr Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Institute of Structural Biology
Ingolstdter Landstrae 1
85764 Neuherberg near Munich