Subject: quantum chemistry textbook

From: Miklos Feher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 10:10:47 -0500

Dear All,

I posted a message yesterday on the CCL about our new textbook in
quantum chemistry. The response was very positive but almost everyone
pointed out that $150 is far too expensive for students. 

Unfortunately, the price of the book is not under our control. I
discussed this issue with the publisher last month when the price became
known. They ensured me that they give substantial discounts (around 50%)
in two cases: if 6 or more copies are ordered simultaneously, or to
individual students if the book is adopted for a course. They are also
prepared to send inspection copies to those interested in adopting the
book for a course, Kluwer should be contacted directly with the request.

Thanks very much to all those who responded.

Miklos

************************************************
Dr. Miklos Feher
senior scientist, computational chemistry
Nanodesign Inc., Suite 300, Research Park Centre
150 Research Lane, Guelph, ON, N1G 4T2, Canada
Tel: 519-823-9088    Fax: 519-823-9401  
e/mail:[email-masked] 
************************************************