Subject: 00.07.31 4th Canadian Computational Chemistry Conference

From: "Dale Cameron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:58:55 -0500

We are preparing for the new millennium by organizing the 4th Canadian
Computational Chemistry Conference (CCCC 4- 2000) in Lennoxville,
Quebec, on the campus of one of the oldest liberal arts universities in
Canada, in an area called the Eastern Townships, at the foot of the
Appalachian mountains. The conference format will be in the "Gordon
conference" style.  The conference will take place from July 31st, 2000
to August 3rd, 2000. 

Canadian computational science has been active this year on the national
scene through the creation of new computational consortia: including 
C3.ca, Canadian Computational Collaboratory, RQCHP, R=E9seau
Qu=E9b=E9cois de Calcul de Haute Performance and others. Major grants
were received from the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) to upgrade
high performance computational facilities across the country.
Computational chemistry was identified as one of the most important
growth areas.

CCCC4 is a continuation and showcase of the excellence of computational
chemistry in Canada. We have put together a program covering major new
directions in research and applications of the computational discipline,
with special emphasis on interfacing the "developers and users" of high
performance computing. The goal is to highlight the impact of this
discipline in academia, industry and society. For this purpose we have
prepared a program of speakers actively involved in developing new
methods and applications of high performance computing in chemistry.

Additional information can be found by monitoring our web site:

www.sims.nrc.ca/sims/c4_e.html

Session Topics:

    1.. Advances in Quantum Chemistry Methodology
    2.. Advances in Classical-Quantum Dynamics
    3.. Advances in Force Fields
    4.. Electron-Proton Transfer Problems
    5.. Materials Modeling
    6.. Solvation Problems
    7.. Free Energy of Binding-Scoring Functions
    8.. Cheminformatics
    9.. New Types of Computers
    10.. QM/MM Methods
Registration fee is $300 and Students $100. (Includes banquet)

Room and board at Bishop's university residences will be $60/day.

Information:
Lise Hughes
100 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0R6
(613) 990-0970
(613) 954-5242 FAX
[email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------
Dale R. Cameron, Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist, Chemistry
Bio-M=E9ga Research Division
Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd.
2100 Rue Cunard
Laval, QC, Canada, H7S 2G5
(450) 682-4640
(450) 682-8434 (fax)
[email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------