Subject: Advanced Chemistry Development Scientific Scholar of the Year Award

From: "Gavin Shear" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:29:10 -0500

Advanced Chemistry Development Scientific Scholar of the Year Award

 Advanced Chemistry Development proudly announces our Scientific Scholar of
the Year Award. In our venture to further support academia we now offer the
opportunity to all scientific students to participate in our award system.
In order to enter the competition we request that any student from the
fields of Chemistry or BioChemistry send us a short report (maximum 5 pages)
of a particular research study or lab work that they have been involved with
in 1999. This can include synthesis, spectroscopy, analytical measurements,
theoretical or method development. The report should be submitted to us in
Word RTF format and should include all structure drawings and lab sketches
in the document. The one caveat of the competition is that all structures
should have been drawn with ACD/ChemSketch, either the Free version
available from http://www.acdlabs.com/download/chemsk.html or the commercial
version.

The first prize winner will win $500 for themselves, a copy of
ACD/ChemFolder, an ACD T-shirt and a site licence of Chemsketch for their
academic facility. They will also be identified as the Advanced Chemistry
Development scholar of the Year, a valuable addition to any resume.

The second prize winner will win $250 for themselves, a copy of ChemFolder
and an ACD T-shirt

The third prize winner will win $100 for themselves, a copy of ChemSketch
and an ACD T-shirt.

All notable entries and winners will be posted to the ACD website

Encourage fellow students and colleagues to participate. Entries should be
sent to [email-masked] by February for announcement at the Spring 2000
ACS. Good luck!