Subject: Re: CCL:Help-- XMOL program

From: Marianna Fanti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:53:03 +0100

Bernd Melchers wrote:
> 
> Guang-Ping Li wrote:
> >
> > Dear Sir:
> >
> >   Have you any idea where we can get the XMOL program which
> > can be used to display and print molecular structures and
> > vibrational normal modes?
> 
> xmol is not supported for years now. In ancient times, i requested the
> authors for
> ELF-Binaries for IRIX, but they didn't want to compile it anymore.
> 
> Ciao
> Bernd Melchers
> 

A program very similar to XMol is Xmakemol. It's able to display vibrational
normal modes.
You can find it at  

http://vegemite.chem.nott.ac.uk/~xmakemol/

Ciao,
Marianna
-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Marianna Fanti, Ph.D                 | Dip. di Chimica "G. Ciamician"
e-mail: [email-masked]       | Universita' di Bologna, Italy
Fax+39-0512099456 Tel +39-0512099498 | via Selmi 2, I-40126 Bologna
---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things
---------------------------------------------------------------------