Subject: 00.08.25 Symposium: Theor studies of mineral structures & properties

From: "Artem R. Oganov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:15:19 -0000

SYMPOSIUM
THEORETICAL STUDIES OF MINERAL STRUCTURES AND PROPERTIES,
European Crystallographic Meeting (ECM-19),
Nancy, France, 25-31 August 2000

Dear friends and colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to symposium 'Theoretical Studies of
Mineral Structures and Properties' to be held in Nancy (France) on 25-31
August 2000 within the 19th European Crystallographic Meeting. We are
planning to bring together scientists, working at the cutting edge of
this field. The main accent will be placed on application of
quantum-mechanical methods to problems of the Earth and planetary
sciences. If you are interested, take a look at the official Web-site of
ECM-19  ( http://www.lcm3b.u-nancy.fr/ecm19/ ), where you will find a lot
of useful information (deadlines, list of microsymposia, keynote
lectures, etc.). Some information can also be found on the symposium
Web-page ( http://slamdunk.geol.ucl.ac.uk/~artem/ECM-19.html ). As
experience shows, European Crystallographic meetings are a good
opportunity for meeting with other scientists, exchanging and discussing
new ideas, arranging new collaborations.
If any of your colleagues or students can be interested in this
symposium, please let them know.
Looking forward to meeting you in Nancy in 2000,

Artem R. Oganov
co-convenor of the symposium
**********************************************************************
Artem R. Oganov,
Crytallography and Mineral Physics,
Dept. of Geological Sciences,
University College London,
Gower Street,
London WC1E 6BT,
U.K.
E-mail : [email-masked] 
Tel. : +44 (0)171-419-3449        Fax : +44 (0)171-387-1612
http://slamdunk.geol.ucl.ac.uk/~artem 
**********************************************************************