Subject: Meeting announcement: Modern software design ...

From: Andrew Horsfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:48:02 +0000 (GMT)

"Modern software design for scientific applications"

On Friday, March 31st, 2000, there will be a one day meeting held in the
Department of Nuclear Physics at Oxford University on the subject of
modern software design for scientific applications. Attendance of this
meeting is free. If you wish to attend please send an e-mail to Andrew
Horsfield at [email-masked] in order to register.

The schedule of the meeting is:

10:00-10:55 Coffee

10:55-11:00 Andrew Horsfield (fecit)
            "Welcome"

11:00-12:00 Sven van den Bergh (fecit)
            "Java: an object oriented language"

12:00-12:30 Peter Chow (fecit)
            "Component approach to building an open software framework for
             mesh-based multi-physics simulations"

12:30-13:30 Lunch

14:00-15:00 Mike Rudgyard (Oxford Parallel)
            "Parallel Numerical Simulation and Integrated Problem Solving
             Environments"

15:00-15:30 David Bowler (Department of Physics and Astronomy, UCL)
            "Strategy for Linear Scaling Ab Initio Electronic Structure
             Calculations"

15:30-16:00 Tea

16:00-17:00 Terry Sloan (EPCC)
            "Integrated development environments and source code control."

  +----------------------------------------------------+
   Andrew Horsfield       e-mail: [email-masked] 
     FECIT, 2 Longwalk Road, Stockley Park, Uxbridge,   
          Middlesex UB11 1AB, United Kingdom.           
   phone: +44-(0)181-606-4653  FAX: +44-(0)181-606-4422 
  +----------------------------------------------------+