Subject: POSTSCRIPT VIEWER...HELP!!!

From: Ramon Garduno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 17:50:59 PST

Dear CCLers:

I know I am going to get flamed for asking a question in a non related
CCL topic, but I have tried to install GHOSTVIEW in my SGI Octane, and
I can do it right.

I need to edit a few nice protein folding pictures from a Postscript file
so that I can print them in a color printer. The only postscript viewer
that can allow me to do it is GhostView Version 3.5.8, which in turn
needs access to files and library named Xaw3d. I have managed to get
the *.c and *.h for Xaw3d; however, I still need to link the gv-3.5.8
*.o to a library named libXaw3d.a & libXaw3d.so which are not available
>from the SGI Freeware WWW site.

I know you are going to tell me that I should use "ar" to create the
library, but in order to compile the *.c from Xaw3d I need to do a lot
of work that I do not feel confident to do without screwing up. This step
requires to compile properly many files for the X11 enviroment which are
different to the Xaw found in it.

Thus, I would like to know if any one of you (kind souls) has done this
before and is willing to share the secrets, or better yet, if by any
chance someone has both libraries installed in a SGI IRIX6.5, could you
allow me to use them?....

Much obliged.

Ramon
--

		"There are so many ways....
			There is so little time...."
		"Hay tantos caminos.....
			Pero, hay tan poco tiempo....."
___________________________________________________________________________
		  	 Dr. Ramon Garduno-Juarez
                     Research Professor in Biophysics
CENTRO DE CIENCIAS FISICAS          | EMAIL:  [email-masked]
UNIVERSIDAD NAL. AUTONOMA DE MEXICO |
Apdo. Postal 48-3                   | VOICE:  +52(5)6227749 ; +52(73)291749
62251 Cuernavaca, Morelos           | 
MEXICO                              | FAX:    +52(5)6227775 & +52(73)291775
___________________________________EOF ____________________________________