Subject: Chemical Datamanagement

From: Huub van Dam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:20:28 +0000

Dear all,

I have been asked to give a talk on scientific data management to bring
forward the requirements of the chemical community. So I would like to
invite any comments or references on topics like:

- Datastorage: What data do we need to store, how much of it and for how
long?
- Interoperability: Different data formats and programs and to make
everything (not) work together.
- Visualisation: What and how to visualise (and what does it show)?
- Analysis: Storing tons of data is one thing but how to extract
meaningful information from all that? What kind of analysis do we want
to do?
- Any other aspect that comes to mind.

Please send emails to me directly, I will summarise.

Many thanks, Huub

--

========================================================================

Huub van Dam                               E-mail: [email-masked]
CCLRC Daresbury Laboratory                  phone: +44-1925-603362
Daresbury, Warrington                         fax: +44-1925-603634
Cheshire, UK
WA4 4AD

========================================================================