Subject: Re: CCL Digest of 2000/02/16

From: Christoph Steinbeck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:43:47 +0100

>         Dear ccl'ers,
> 
>                 I want to run g98 using Linda on a couple of one-processor pentium/linux
> boxes. I wasn't able to find out about HOW to launch the program. I guess
> that ntsnet is involved but I'm not sure at all.
>                 I'd appreciate any hints.
>                 Regards,
> 
>                                                 Reinaldo
> 

Once you've compiled the stuff you can use the g98l script in the
$g98root/g98/bsd subdir. This just adds the $g98root/g98/linda-exe
subdir to the front of your path so that the linda-linked substitutes
for the regular g98 exes are found instead of the original ones. You
will also have to prepare a .tsnet.config in your home dir with a line
like
Tsnet.Appl.nodelist: mynode1 mynode2 mynode3
which is listing the cluster nodes.
Please let me know if it helps. Despite of a lot of support from Doug
Fox I wasn't able to get the system up and running. In my case a worker
process gets started on the second node but it dies immediately with the
master process on the first node waiting for minutes for it to complete
and the die. 

Cheers, 

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck (http://www.ice.mpg.de/~stein)
MPI of Chemical Ecology, Tatzendpromenade 1a, 07745 Jena, Germany
Tel: +49(0)3641 643644 - Fax: +49(0)3641 643665

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise. 
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..