Subject: Call for papers / Washington

From: "Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Feb 2000 17:07:35 -0500

Hi,

The American Chemical Society's Computers in Chemistry Division (COMP) 
is organizing a new type of symposium at the Washington, DC, national 
meeting, August 20-24, 2000.  A $1000 will be awarded to the best oral 
paper presented at the Emerging Technologies Symposium.

The papers will be evaluated based on the impact the research will have 
on the future of computational chemistry and allied sciences.

To participate, e-mail a 1000-word abstract to me as soon as possible, but 
no later than April 1, 2000.

The abstract must be in text-only or MS Word.  These long abstracts will 
be reviewed by a panel of experts.  The best contributions will be 
selected for oral presentations at the meeting in Washington.  The 
remaining contributions will be presented at a special evening poster 
session.

It is essential that you ALSO submit a short regular ACS abstract to the 
web-based system at http://www.acs.org/meetings/ by April 12.

At the meeting, the oral presentations will be judged by the panel of 
experts, and the winner of the $1000 prize will be selected and 
awarded following the talks.

Sincerely,

Donald B. Boyd, Ph.D.
Editor, Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling
	(publication of the ACS COMP division and MGMS)
	http://chem.iupui.edu/~boyd/jmgm.html
Editor, Reviews in Computational Chemistry
	http://chem.iupui.edu/rcc/rcc.html
Department of Chemistry
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
402 North Blackford Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-3274, U.S.A.
Telephone 317-274-6891, FAX 317-274-4701
E-mail [email-masked]