Subject: Gaussian 98 on alpha-linux

From: Guy Coates <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:20:30 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to compile G98 on alpha-linux.  (Suse 6.3 + compaq C/fortran
compilers + fast maths lib.)

In a previous CCL post David van der Spoel mentioned that he had a patch
for G98 on alpha-linux. Unfortunately it seems to have vanished from his
website. Does anyone have a copy of the patch lying around?

Thanks,

Guy Coates

---------------------------------------------------------------- 
  E-mail: [email-masked]
  SMS   : [email-masked]   (160 characters max)
  Web   : http://www.biochemistry.bham.ac.uk/gcoates/ 
  Tel   : +44 (0)121 414 7879 (W)  +44 (0)7801 710224 (M)
  Snail : Biocomputing Laboratory, School of Biosciences,
          Univ. of Birmingham, Edgbaston, B15 2TT, UK

---

From: David van der Spoel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:06:04 +0100 (CET)

>website. Does anyone have a copy of the patch lying around?
I never published it for the reason that the code compiles fine but
doesn't run fine. I suspect it has to with the C-lib on RedHat linux 6.0. 
I have made a problem description on my web page
http://zorn.bmc.uu.se/~spoel/gauss/
and put all the files there. If someone wants to dig into it a bit further
and even fix it, I would be most grateful.

Groeten, David.
________________________________________________________________________
Dr. David van der Spoel		Biomedical center, Dept. of Biochemistry
s-mail:	Husargatan 3, Box 576,  75123 Uppsala, Sweden
e-mail: [email-masked]	www: http://zorn.bmc.uu.se/~spoel
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++