Subject: Suggestions for Universities.

From: Rajarshi Guha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:08:46 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
  this is not really directly related to computational chemistry as such
so I hope it does'nt turn everybody off.

I am appearing for my GRE in two weeks and if all goes well I plan to my
PhD in the US/Canada,applying for the fall session of 2001.Due to
financial constraints I will be applying to a limited number of
universities (6 or 7).

My interests are in the fields of qunatum chemistry and simulations.As
such I would prefer a place where there would be a stress on *usage* of
quantum/computational chemistry and/or simulations.I am also interested in
algorithm developement but my interests lie mainly in the former group -
I'd rather use quantum chemistry to model reality rather than do algebra
the whole day!

I would really appreciate if anybody could provide some
hints/tips/suggestions as to which universities I could apply so as to
pursue a PhD in the areas I have mentioned above.

If this is the wrong place to ask this question I'd appreciate if somebody
could point me to the right place to post this question.

===============================================================
Rajarshi Guha                   | ...but there was no one
Dept. of Chemistry              | in it........   
IIT Kharagpur.                  |
                                |                  RG.
email: [email-masked]  |
web  : www.psynet.net/jijog     |
===============================================================