Subject: call in Fortran code

From: Huajun Fan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:58:11 -0600

Dear CCLers

I wonder if the fortran code can call a excutable file, instead of a
source code.  If so, how can I do it? Any advice will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

huajun

---

From: Matt Challacombe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:10:28 -0700

Dear Huajun,

The easiest way to do this is to use the SYSTEM intrinsic:
CALL SYSTEM('/usr/bin/joe_exec') 
but this is not entirely satisfactory since you don't have return control, 
and you can get rogue processes.  A better way is to fork a process
and use execvp to spawn a child, but this requires some c programming.

Cheers, Matt

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Huajun Fan wrote:
> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
-- 
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+ Matt Challacombe, Ph.D.           http://www.t12.lanl.gov/~mchalla/ +
+ Los Alamos National Laboratory    email: [email-masked]       + 
+ Theoretical Division              vmail:   (505) 698-4112           +
+ Group T-12, Mail Stop B268        phone:   (505) 665-5905           +
+ Los Alamos, New Mexico  87545     fax:     (505) 665-3909           +
+                                                                     +
+ "The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go  +
+  the more likely it is you'll crash." -- Julie Furtado              +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+