Subject: FW: >2 GByte patch for ext2 (fwd)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:30:33 -0500

From: "Greg Lindahl" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>

>    I think that ext2 patch isn't enough for work w/large files
> "from" G98 or GAMESS. The reason is that you need to use in the
> program the new system calls suppoted by patch instead of usual.

Um, I guess you're assuming that you're using x86? As mentioned before a few
times, 64-bit Linux ports run these programs fine, once you work around the
32-bitisms in GAMESS. Actually, the new linker supports -taso, which is
about all you need.

> But in the case of GAMESS you have Fortran I/O which runtime library
> don't use new system calls.

So if you're using an x86, it shouldn't be that hard to build a Fortran I/O
library that always uses the other calls, but then you still have to
convince the library that the record sizes should be 8 bytes, not 4. That's
a #define somewhere.

-- g

-------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe send a message body containing "unsubscribe"
to [email-masked]