Subject: Gaussian Workshops

From: [email-masked] (David Moses)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:22:59 -0500 (EST)

Gaussian, Inc. is pleased to announce two upcoming workshops:

  INTRODUCTION TO GAUSSIAN: THEORY AND PRACTICE

   SPAIN, in conjunction with CESCA.  Date: September 12-15, 2000

   Location:  CESCA- Centre de Supercomputacia Barcelona
              Edifici Nexus
              Gran Capita, 2-4
              Barcelona, SPAIN

   JAPAN, in conjunction with COMPAQ  Date:  October 3-6, 2000

   Location: Compaq JAPAN
             Headquarters
             Tennonz Higashi Shinagwa,
             Shinagawa-ku  Tokyo  JAPAN

 "Introduction to Gaussian: Theory and Practice." will be presented by
 representatives of Gaussian, Inc.

 The workshops will cover the full range of methods available in the
 Gaussian 98 package with emphasis on new methods and features which make
 Gaussian 98 applicable to an ever widening spectrum of research applications.
 The workshop is structured to provide an introduction to electronic
 structure theory as well as a hands-on review for researchers active in
 the field.  The workshop is open to researchers at all levels of academic,
 government and industrial research.

   Preliminary Topic List:
   Independent Particle Methods
   Model Chemistries: A Framework for Understanding Electronic
     Structure Theory Results
   Using ONIOM
   MCSCF Methods and Applications
   Geometry Optimization Techniques
   Electron Correlation Methods
   Density Functional Theory Methods
   Methods for Excited Electronic States
   Interpretation of Gaussian Results
   Prediction of Molecular Properties
   Solvent Effects via Electronic Structure Methods
   Estimating Resource Requirements

 There will be hands-on sessions each day between the morning and afternoon
 lectures.  Additional hands-on sessions will be available until the
 building closes. Workshop participants will be provided with use of a
 workstations to complete exercises, experiment and/or conduct short
 research topics.

 The GaussView user interface will be used to perform visualization of
 results and to facilitate calculation setup.  Each workshop participant
 will also be provided a copy of the lecture notes, a copy of Exploring
 Chemistry with Electronic Structure Methods, 2nd Edition, and a Gaussian 98
 User's Reference.

 For an Application please contact (Please specify which workshop):

   Workshop Coordinator
   Gaussian, Inc.
   Carnegie Office Park, Bldg. 6
   Pittsburgh, PA  15106

 Additional information can be obtained from:

   Telephone: 412 279 6700
   Fax: 412 279 2118
   email: [email-masked]

 COST:  $350.00 per person.  Attendees will be responsible for meals
        and lodging.

 Hotel Accommodations: A list of hotel accommodations in the vicinity of the
 the workshop location will be made available to all registrants.
 Hotel accommodations will be the responsibility of each participant.

 Meals: Meals will be the responsibility of each participant.

 DEADLINES: Receipt of Registration Materials along with the registration
 fee must be received by: September 1, 2000 for the SPAIN Workshop and
 September 15, 200 for the JAPAN workshop.

 ****************************************************************************
  This notice is sent without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied by
  Gaussian Inc., CESCA or COMPAQ.  Gaussian is a registered trademark of
  Gaussian, Inc.
 
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 | David J. Moses, Ph.D.  |  Carnegie Office Park  |  [email-masked]    |
 | Vice President, C.O.O. |  Building Six          |  412-279-6700 (Voice) |
 | Gaussian, Inc.         |  Pittsburgh, PA 15106  |  412-279-2118 (FAX)   |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*
 |         Be sure to visit our Website at http://www.gaussian.com         |
 *------------------------*------------------------*-----------------------*