Subject: License Transfer

From: "Bruce A. Luxon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:50:29 -0600

I've just recently received a new SGI and want to transfer our FELIX license
>from the old slow machine to the new fast machine. MSI just quoted me $500 just
to transfer the license - a seemingly trivial task. This seems outrageous to me.
Is this typical? As an academic user I am having increasing difficulty
supporting the use of commercial software at these prices. Any comments or
advice?

Thanks,

Bruce

-- 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  Bruce A. Luxon, Ph.D.
  Associate Professor
  Sealy Center for Structural Biology
  Dept. of Human Biological Chemistry & Genetics
  University of Texas Medical Branch
  Galveston, TX   77555-1157
  (409)747-6802; Fax (409)747-6850
  http://www.hbcg.utmb.edu/  http://www.nmr.utmb.edu/
  mailto:[email-masked]
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=