Subject: Re: CCL:g98 & Red Hat 6.1

From: Christoph van Wüllen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 18:08:28 +0100

>Hi,
>I've tryed to install g98 on linux Red Hat 6.1 but I got stuck at some
>point during the compilation. I'm using g77 and two libraries: libblas
>and  libf2c. The compilation ends with the following message:
>
>f77    -O2    -o l117.exe ml117.o  l117.a  util.a  /usr/lib/libblas.a \
>/usr/lib/libf2c.a
>util.a(mdfork.o): In function `mdfork_':
>mdfork.o(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `fork_'
>util.a(mdjoin.o): In function `mdjoin_':
>mdjoin.o(.text+0x1c): undefined reference to `wait_'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make: *** [l117.exe] Error 1
>endif
>

If I remember correctly, the g77 FORTRAN library does not contain the 
"wrappers" necessary for these system calls. Try to add to your 
library something like

fortran_int fork_()
{
return (fortran_int) fork();
}

-- 
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
Christoph van Wullen       | Fon (University):  +49 234 32 26485
Theoretical Chemistry      | Fax (University):  +49 234 32 14109
Ruhr-Universitaet          | Fon/Fax (private): +49 234 33 22 75
D-44780 Bochum, Germany    | eMail: [email-masked]
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------