Subject: Re: >2 GByte patch for ext2

From: Erik Arjan Hendriks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 00:23:19 -0500

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 02:14:23PM -0800, Eugene Leitl wrote:
> 
> Sorry for such a banal question, but I've tried to find the ext2 patch
> which allows >2 GByte files, so far in vain. (It is a big problem in
> computational chemistry with QM packages like Gaussian and GAMESS). I
> thought there was a search engine for the Beowulf list, but I wasn't
> able to find it, either (it isn't linked from the Beowulf site?).
> 
> Does someone have a pointer?

The large file work we did recently on the 2.2.x kernels is available
at:

http://www.scyld.com/software/lfs.html

You're good to go with ext2 and that stuff.  YMMV with the other file
systems.

- Erik
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe send a message body containing "unsubscribe"
to [email-masked]