Subject: G98 batch job

From: Surjit Dixit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 13:56:21 +0100

Hi! Everybody:
I am trying to submit a multiprocessor(%NProc=4) Gaussian job through
the LSF queuing system to a SGI O2K/PCA system. The job gets killed
right at startup. The following are the last lines in the log file:
-------
 P. M. W. Gill, B. Johnson, W. Chen, M. W. Wong, J. L. Andres,
 C. Gonzalez, M. Head-Gordon, E. S. Replogle, and J. A. Pople,
 Gaussian, Inc., Pittsburgh PA, 1998.

 *****************************************
 Gaussian 98:  SGI64-G98RevA.7 11-Apr-1999
                26-Mar-2000
 *****************************************
 %NProc=4
 Will use up to    4 processors via shared memory.
------
I submit the job with the following lsf command:
bsub -n 4 -W 2000 -m o2k 'g98 exp.zmat .log'

I am able to run the same job (%Nproc=4) in interactive mode. I can
submit and run this job on a single processor through the batch queue
(i.e. without %NProc).
I would be thankful if somebody could kindly suggest me some workaround
or point out if I am doing something wrong.
I thank you for your time.
Best regards,
Surjit

--
Surjit B. Dixit, Ph.D.                    Email: [email-masked]
Laboratoire De Chimie Theorique, U.M.R. C.N.R.S. #7565, B.P. 239
University Henry Poincare-Nancy I, 54506 Nancy-Vandoeuvre Cedex, France
Phone: 33-3-83.91.20.00 Extn:3588         Fax: 33-3-83.91.25.30