Subject: Second Call for Papers - Virtual-HTS

From: "Osman F. Guner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 11:05:33 -0700

VIRTUAL HIGH-THROUGHPUT SCREENING

To be held at the 220th National American Chemical Society Meeting in
Washington, D.C., August 20-24, 2000.

Sponsored by the Division of Chemical Information (CINF) 
Co-sponsored by the Medicinal Chemistry (MEDI) and Computational Chemistry
(COMP) Divisions

Ability to screen virtual libraries and large databases of compounds is at
an increasing demand in today's pharmaceutical and biotech industry
providing new, and sometimes audacious, challenges to the existing
informatics environments. Many parameters can be used for such
computational screening, including property-based screening (like ADME
properties), structure-, similarity-, and/or pharmacophore-based screening
(database searching), as well as rapid docking. In this symposium we will
cover all aspects of in silico high-throughput screening technologies.

If you have an opinion on this topic, or if you know success stories or
failures in this area that you can share with your colleagues, you may want
to consider giving a presentation in this symposium. Please use the On-line
Abstract System (OASys) to submit your abstracts
http://acs.confex.com/acs/220nm/cinf/papers/index.cgi. The deadline for
submitting abstracts is April 17, 2000.

Cheers...Osman

---
Osman F. Güner, Ph.D.
Director,  Lead Identification & Optimization
Molecular Simulations Inc.   (858) 799-5341
[email-masked]        http://www.msi.com