Subject: Comp Chem Lab Design

From: Charlie Laughton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 14:28:13 +0100

Dear All,

I have the opportunity to design from scratch a new comp. chem. facility
of about 50 sq. m. Our current layout is very basic - just desking
against the walls. It would be nice to have something that created a
more inspiring environment.

I would be interested to hear from other members of the list who have
experience of successful (and unsuccessful!) designs as to what sort of
layouts can work well.

Regards,

Charlie

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Charlie Laughton                   |
Lecturer in Drug Design and Discovery | Phone: (+44) 115 951 3405
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences     | Fax:   (+44) 115 951 3412
University of Nottingham              | Email:
Nottingham NG7 2RD                    |
[email-masked]
UK                                    |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Peter Shenkin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:43:28 -0400 (EDT)

> more inspiring environment.

Hi,

How about hanging some test-tubes and beakers from the ceiling
to remind us of our ancient roots in physical reality?

:-),
-P.

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Charlie Laughton wrote:

--
** Whether the playing field is level depends on the coordinate system. ***
********* Peter S. Shenkin; Schrodinger, Inc.; (201)433-2014 x111 *********
*********** [email-masked]; http://www.schrodinger.com ***********

---

From: Ascanio DiPippo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 17:15:05 -0400 (EDT)

Well put, Peter.  I  manufacture diabetic cough, cold and other
pmedicinals.  i tell my students to keep computational chemistry in proper
perspective.  You can't go to the drug store and by a floppy disk of cough
syrup!!  We're still chemists. Mix, heat, separate, purify, and
analyze. :-)

pacem in terris atque calcio.
Ascanio

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Peter Shenkin wrote:

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>