Subject: Bioperl: BOSC 2000

From: Eugene Leitl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 21:58:14 -0700 (PDT)

From: Ewan Birney <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Bioperl: BOSC 2000
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:36:49 +0000 (GMT)

     Bioinformatics Open Source Conference
                   BOSC2000

Announcing Bioinformatics Open Source Conference 2000 (BOSC2000).

     http://ismb00.sdsc.edu/bosc2000/

This conference will occur on the 16th and 17th of August, in San
Diego near the ISMB conference. The aim is to let people extend
their ISMB trip to include BOSC2000. 

BOSC is focused on discussing open source software in the field
of bioinformatics. It is drawing on the success of 'bioperl-99'
which was a similar satellite conference to ISMB-99. BOSC is
2 day conference with speakers on software engineering techniques
in the life sciences, with a particular emphasis on open source
software. Confirmed speakers are:

     Lincoln Stein - Genomic Annotation tools
     Ewan Birney   - Bioperl

People are encouraged to both attend the conference and submit
abstracts. Abstracts on any software engineering technique in the
field are welcome: a number of abstracts will be selected to give
talks and there will be the chance to present posters. There will
be a priority on tools which are open source or built on top of open
source software.

More details can be found from the web pages

     http://ismb00.sdsc.edu/bosc2000/

The organising committee of BOSC 2000 is

   Nomi Harris     - UC Berkeley and Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project
   Ewan Birney     - European Bioinformatics Institute
   Helge Weissge   - San Diego Supercomputer Center 
   Chris Dadigidan - The Genetics Institute

They can be addressed as a group by sending an email to

   [email-masked]

Feel free to forward this post to other computational biology mailing
lists or groups.

=========== Bioperl Project Mailing List Message Footer =======
Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/
For info about how to (un)subscribe, where messages are archived, etc:
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/Perl/Bio/vsns-bcd-perl.html
====================================================================