Subject: CCL:temp. dependence of dielectric constant

From: "Dr. Peter Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:00:36 +0200

Dear CCLers,

though I know that this is off-topic, I wonder whether
someone could point me towards a reference, where a formula
for the temperature dependence of the dielectric constant, eps(T)
of a solvent has been derived. From what I have found so far
it seems to be either eps(T) = constant x exp(-T/constant1)
or eps(T)= constant/T - the latter I have found in a paper
where solvent properties were simulated by Monte Carlo molecular
dynamics - unfortunately they did not give a reference.

 Is statistical thermodynamics a good point to start? 

Any comment is highly appreciated

Peter

-----------------------------------------------
Peter Burger
Anorg.-chem. Institut 
Universitaet Zuerich
8057 Zuerich
Switzerland
[email-masked]