Subject: Example of Success in CADD ?

From: Somsak Tonmunphean <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:49:42 +0700 (ICT)

Dear Everybody,
	Since we have to prepare the workshop on Computer Aided Drug
Design (CADD) for some lecturers from other universities, I would like to
show the examples of success of CADD. Therefore, does anybody know the
recent success of CADD ?
	Thank you very much in advance for your kind help.

Your sincerely,
Somsak Tonmunphean.

*********************************************************** 
*   Department of Chemistry      Phone: (662) 218-5221    *
*   Faculty of Science           Fax:   (662) 252-1730    *
*   Chulalongkorn University     http://chemist.i.am/     *
*   Bangkok 10330 Thailand       E-mail: [email-masked]     *
***********************************************************

---

From: Mr Donkey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:12:38 -0400 (EDT)

Somsak,

I believe cimetidine (Tagamet(r), a H2-antagonist used as an
anti-ulcer agent), which went on to be the number one prescription med,  
was one of the first meds developed by rational drug design / CADD. The
guy who did this was also involved with another drug that escapes my
memory at this time. But the guy did great with rational drug design /
CADD.

It came from Smith Kline & French labs in the 70's. I think the guy's 
name was James Black.

Here is a link for cimetidine and rational drug design:
http://www.ibmh.msk.su/PASS/Abstract/art002.htm
http://www.as.dmu.ac.uk/pharmscape/tour_1.htm

- Don Key
[email-masked]