Subject: web-based databases of 2D structure

From: Aaron First <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 13:06:46 -0700 (PDT)

Dear CCL'ers,

I want to creat a web-based database of the compounds
with 2D structures. Would anyone please to suggest how
store and retrive these information? Are some free
softwares available?

Thanks

Aaron 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com/

---

From: Ferenc Csizmadia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 18:16:25 +0200

> store and retrive these information? Are some free

Aaron,

JChem is ChemAxon's system for developing web (and non-web) applications that
handle chemical databases (see http://www.jchem.com).  Using this system, you can
store the chemical structures in a relational database (like MySQL, SQL Server,
Oracle, ...). Many of the relational database engines are free.

JChem includes Java applets and server side Java classes that are needed to be
installed on the server side. I suggest to use JSP (Java Server Pages:
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp) as the scripting language for the server side. It
is also possible to use Java servlets instead of JSP. (The ASP support for JChem is
under development)

ChemAxon's Marvin Java applets that allow drawing and displaying structures are
free for free Internet sites (http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin).

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more help.

Regards,
Ferenc

--
Dr. Ferenc Csizmadia
Managing Director
ChemAxon Ltd.
Valyog u. 7, H-1032 Budapest, Hungary
http://www.chemaxon.com
T:+3620 9570988
Fax: +361 3875944
mailto:[email-masked]