Subject: Drug Design Seminar Series in Europe in June

From: "Hege Beard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 07:52:46 -0400

Schrödinger, Inc. Introduces its Latest Advancements in Drug Design.

Schrödinger, Inc. is pleased to announce three seminars in Europe June 5-9,
2000.

Speakers: Professors Rich Friesner of Columbia University and Bill Goddard
of Caltech.

Schrödinger's new software suite for drug discovery will be introduced.  The
technology in the Maestro Suite allows automated hierarchical screening of
large databases encompassing ultra-high throughput docking for lead
discovery to very accurate ligand-protein binding free energies for lead
optimization.

The Maestro Suite includes mixed quantum mechanics-molecular mechanics
(QM/MM) methods; flexible docking; force field development; continuum
solvation models, and the linear interaction approximation (LIA) method.

In addition, the new property predictor, QikProp (logP, logS, PCaco), from
Prof. Bill Jorgensen (Yale University), will be presented, and Schrödinger's
new graphical user interface, Maestro, will be demonstrated.
Other topics include applications using Jaguar and MacroModel for catalysis,
materials, biochemical and pharmaceutical research.

Dates and locations:

Frankfurt:
June 5, 2000, 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Steigenberger Hotel, Frankfurt Airport
Professors Rich Friesner and Bill Goddard

Paris:
June 8, 2000, 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Mercure Hotel, Orly Airport
Professors Rich Friesner and Bill Goddard

London:
June 9, 2000, 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
University College London;  Eisai Lounge, Katz Building.
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT
Professor Rich Friesner

Attendance is free and lunch and refreshments will be provided for
participants.
Please register online at http://www.schrodinger.com to ensure that a space
is reserved for you.   Alternatively, you may contact Dr. Hege S. Beard at
Schrödinger by email: [email-masked] or phone: (201) 433-2014 Ext.
101.  Abstracts and additional information are available on the web.