Subject: 1,3,5-cyclohexatriene

From: Valentine Ananikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:21:17 +0400

Dear List Members,

Does anybody have an information about predicted structure and 
stability for 1,3,5-cyclohexatriene?

I mean a six-membered ring with alternating single and double
C-C bonds, but without aromatic pi-electrons delocalization due
to non-planar conformation (i.e. non-planar benzene isomer).
Would such structure exist in principle?

Thanks!  Valentin.

====================================================================
                                             ,         ,      ,   ,
Valentine P. Ananikov                        |\\\\ ////|     /////|
NMR Group                                    | \\\|/// |    ///// |
ND Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry   |  |~~~|  |   |~~~|  |
Leninsky Prospect 47                         |  |===|  |   |===|  |
Moscow  117913                               |  |   |  |   |   |  |
Russia                                       |  | A |  |   | Z |  |
                                              \ |   | /    |   | /
e-mail: [email-masked]                     \|===|/     |===|/
http://nmr.ioc.ac.ru/Staff/AnanikovVP/          '---'      '---'
  Fax +7 (095)1355328   Phone +7 (095)9383536
====================================================================