Subject: Software for Review

From: "Dr. Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:47:17 -0400 (EDT)

15 May 2000

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

	As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of Chemical
Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get software for review
in the journal.   I have three (3) new software products. I am looking for
people who are willing to review these software products.  In return for
the review which is published in JCICS you get to keep the software or
database.  The review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The length of
the review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample reviews can be found
in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

	Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over
another person. 

	I have tried this approach for about the past seven years and it
is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't finished your
reviews of software sent months and months ago, this last sentence does
not apply to you!)  As a result, I am continuing this new method to find
reviewers using this e-mail/user group system.  I reserve the right to
abandon this if it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify
people if I have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a few
days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

	As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message, please do
not respond after 19 May, 2000 (Friday), as I am sure the software will be
gone by then.

	I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

	PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!	 (I often send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

	Steve Heller

The packages I now have are:

1. Un-Scan-It, version 5.0: Automated Digitizing Software from Silk
Scientific. This PC software converts scanned graphical images into real
9x,y) data values.(www.silkscientific.com)

2. Origin 6.0 from Microcal Software. PC (windows 95, 98, NT) software for
data analysis and technical graphcis presentations. It is an advanced
technical graphics and data analysis software that includes 3D and contour
plotting.  (www.originlab.com)

Stephen R. Heller, Ph. D.
Guest Researcher
NIST/SRD, Mail Stop: 820/113
100 Bureau Drive
820 Diamond Avenue, Room 101
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2310 USA
Phone: 301-975-3338    FAX: 301-926-0416
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/~steve
--------------------------------------------------
As a member of the Organizing Committee, I invite you to attend
Chemistry & the Internet - ChemInt2000; September 23-26, 2000;
Washington, DC.
http://www.chemint.org