Subject: CCL:stable Ih ice

From: Keith Refson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 09:54:07 +0100 (BST)

James Givens writes:

 > There is a nice Quicktime animation on H20 transitions at:

This is a poorly disguised piece of advertising.  Doesn't it violate
the rules if this list, which as I recall permit only straightforward
announcements of software of possible interest?

In any case it's yet another poorly designed website which is only
accessible to a restricted set of browsers, and one of those which
decides from on high that if you are on a unix system you are not
worthy to view it.

Keith Refson

-- 
Dr Keith Refson,        "Paradigm is a word too often used by those who would
Dept of Earth Sciences      like to have a new idea but cannot think of one." 
Parks Road,                  -- Mervyn King, Deputy Governor, Bank of England
Oxford OX1 3PR, UK        
Keith.Refson@                       Tel: 01865 272026
             earth.ox.ac.uk         Fax: 01865 272072

---

From: James Givens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:18:39 -0700

> announcements of software of possible interest?

What? What am I advertising? No commercial solicitation was made.
No product was mentioned. Just a free QT movie that seemed related 
to a member's query. Nor does the page referenced in my original
post contain any mention of any of our products. Sheesh.

> decides from on high that if you are on a unix system you are not

The site has been tested with Mac, Windows (3.x/95/98/NT)
and Linux OS's, and IE (3,4,5) and NN (3,4). As far as we know,
everything works. If you are having a particular problem, let me 
know and we'll look into it. We know of no purpose served by 
excluding anyone.

Finally, I find your comment somewhat amusing. It reminds of that 
old joke:
   Two matrons are leaving a restaurant. The first says "Oh, 
   I think the food they served here is awful." And the
   second one says: "Yes, and the portions were so small."

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

-- 
James Givens
----------------------------------------------------------------
Molecular Arts Corporation            | <[email-masked]>
----------------------------------------------------------------