Subject: Queueing System and Linux cluster

From: Valentine Ananikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:06:25 +0400

Dear CCl members,

We are going to create a cluster from Linux PC's for quantum
chemistry calculations. The question arose what kind of
Queueing System should be used.

As I know, NQS and DQS are very popular queueing system, but
may be some others as well. Of course, an ideal version
should be easy to install, menage and use.

Which system would be preferred for Linux based PC's ?
Is the answer the same from users' and administrators' points
of view?

will be summarized,
Valentin.

====================================================================
                                             ,         ,      ,   ,
Valentine P. Ananikov                        |\\\\ ////|     /////|
NMR Group                                    | \\\|/// |    ///// |
ND Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry   |  |~~~|  |   |~~~|  |
Leninsky Prospect 47                         |  |===|  |   |===|  |
Moscow  117913                               |  |   |  |   |   |  |
Russia                                       |  | A |  |   | Z |  |
                                              \ |   | /    |   | /
e-mail: [email-masked]                     \|===|/     |===|/
http://nmr.ioc.ac.ru/Staff/AnanikovVP/          '---'      '---'
  Fax +7 (095)1355328   Phone +7 (095)9383536
====================================================================