Subject: CCG - COMP division of ACS Excellence Awards

From: "bill email" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:17:41 -0400

CHEMICAL COMPUTING GROUP ESTABLISHS STUDENT EXCELLENCE AWARDS IN CONJUNCTION
WITH THE COMP DIVISION OF ACS

June 14, 2000 (Montreal/Washington D.C.)  An important contribution to
graduate education in computational
chemistry was made this week by the Chemical Computing Group (CCG).  As part
of an agreement between CCG
and the ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry, CCG will provide $100,000 in
merit-based awards for graduate
students to allow them to attend ACS National meetings as well as provide
them with software licenses.

"We are very pleased to establish the CCG Excellence Award in conjunction
with the COMP (Computers in Chemistry)
division of ACS," stated Bill Hayden, Vice President - Sales & Marketing of
Chemical Computing Group.  "The fund
rewards deserving students in the field of computational chemistry while at
the same time allowing them to present their
work at ACS national meetings where they can interact directly with leading
scientists in their field.  We see our
contribution as an opportunity to invest in the future of scientific
research and help promote new ideas and new
researchers in the field"

Dr. Philip Bowen, Chairman of the COMP division of ACS said, "We are very
happy that CCG has set up the
Excellence Awards.  It is important for students to have the opportunity to
attend a venue like the national meetings,
to meet with fellow scientists and learn about new breakthroughs in the area
of computational chemistry.  Additionally,
by supplying the deserving winners with their MOE software package, CCG
provides them with a valuable
state-of-the-art computational tool."

Ten CCG Excellence Awards will be given out each year at the two ACS
National Meetings.  Awards will be made
on the basis of the scientific merit of submitted abstracts, and on the
established guidelines of COMP Division student
travel awards.

Chemical Computing Group (http://www.chemcomp.com) develops and markets MOE,
the Molecular Operating
Environment, the next generation of computer application for chemical
researchers in the pharmaceutical and
biotechnology fields.  Its built-in applications cover the spectrum of drug
discovery including:  Protein/Homology
modeling, High Throughput Screening, Combinatorial Library Design,
Modeling/Simulations and Methods
Development.   MOE's unique architecture and platform independence allows it
to be used corporate-wide by a variety
 of researchers from methods developers to computational experts to
medicinal chemists.   Its customers include a
worldwide roster of leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology.

For further information and/or to apply for the award please contact
Professor Curt M. Breneman, COMP
Treasurer and Fundraising Coordinator at the RPI Department of Chemistry:
[email-masked] ,
(518) 276-2678 - phone / (518) 276-4045 - fax.

Contact:
Bill Hayden, Vice President
514 393 1055 - phone
514 874 9538 - fax
http://www.chemcomp.com
[email-masked]

William A. Hayden
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
CHEMICIAL COMPUTING GROUP
[email-masked]
http://www.chemcomp.com
514 393 1055 - phone
514 874 9538 - fax