Subject: g98A9 on sun

From: Sergei Tretiak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2000 20:16:40 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Netters:

I am trying to compile g98A9 at Sun (SunOS 5.8 with Sun Performance 
Library).  Compiler produces following errors (lines from bldg98.log):

cc -I/nh/nest/u/serg/Gaussian/g98A9_sun//g98 -DDEFMAXSHL=20000 
-DDEFMAXATM=20000 -DDEFMAXNZ=20000 -DDEFMAXINFO=200 -DDEFNVDIM=257 
-DDEFARCREC=1024 -DDEFLMAX=13  -DDEFCACHE=256 -DDEFN3MIN=10 
-DDEFMAXOP=120 -DDEFMAXTIT=100 -DDEFMAXRTE=4000 -DDEFMAXOV=500 
-DDEFMAXIOP=100 -DDEFMAXCHR=1024 -DDEFMAXHEV=2000 -DDEFMAXLECP=10 
-DDEFMAXFUNIT=5 -DDEFMAXFFILE=10000 -DDEFMAXFPS=1300 -DDEFMXTS=1500 
-DDEFMXBAS=500 -DDEFMXOPT=50 -DDEFMXBOND=12 -DDEFMXSPH=250 
-DDEFMXINV=1500  -DI64 -DPACK64 -D_SUN_ -D_SUN_64 -DGAUSS_PAR 
-DGAUSS_THPAR  -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9  -c bsd/mdutil.c
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 776: warning: modification of typedef with "int" 
ignored
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 776: identifier redeclared: ssize_t
	current : int
	previous: long : "/usr/include/stdio_impl.h", line 20
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1687: undefined symbol: O_RDWR
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1688: undefined symbol: O_RDONLY
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1698: undefined symbol: O_CREAT
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1698: undefined symbol: O_TRUNC
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1703: undefined symbol: LOCK_EX
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1703: undefined symbol: LOCK_NB
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1712: undefined symbol: LOCK_EX
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1712: undefined symbol: LOCK_NB
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1720: undefined symbol: LOCK_SH
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1720: undefined symbol: LOCK_NB
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1725: undefined symbol: LOCK_EX
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1725: undefined symbol: LOCK_NB
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 1790: undefined symbol: LOCK_UN
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 2048: undefined symbol: L_XTND
"bsd/mdutil.c", line 3458: warning: inconsistent redeclaration of extern: 
sbrk
cc: acomp failed for bsd/mdutil.c
make: *** [mdutil.o] Error 2
ar rv ../util.a mdutil.o
ar: mdutil.o: No such file or directory
else if ( 0 ) then
rm mdutil.o
rm: mdutil.o: No such file or directory
endif

Obviousely cc could not compile mdutil.c. I wonder if somebody had an 
experience with this error. Thanks.
	
		Sergei