Subject: RE: Databases . . .

From: "Shobe, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:59:21 -0400

For the most common chemicals (including most commercially available drugs)
there's the Merck Index.  A larger number of chemicals is found in the
Dictionary of Natural Products (which is much more expensive and therefore
less likely to be found in your library; plus it only includes chemicals
that have been isolated from natural sources).  Chemical Abstracts indexes
the primary literature (i.e. journal articles and the like) on biological
effects of chemicals.  STN--the producers of Chemical Abstracts--has various
other pharmaceutical-related databases, which are described at
http://www.cas.org/PHARM/pharm.html.  

Maybe you are looking for information on QSAR (quantitative
structure-activity relationships).  I can't help you much there, although
it's on my list of things I'd like to know more about. :-)

Hope this helps,
--David Shobe

-----Original Message-----
From: quanph [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 8:55 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: CCL:Databases . . .

Dear all,

Does anyone know any structure and biological acitivities databases of
medicinal or chemical, or where I may get more information?

Thank you in advance,

Phung Quan

-= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
[email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To
Admins
[email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
[email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net 70
Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan: [email-masked]