Subject: Summary --> Compiling g98 under SGI 6.5

From: Reinaldo Pis Diez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:21:12 -0300

Hi CCLers,

Yesterday (!) I sent the appended mail to the list and have several
answers. I'd wish to thank Georgios Tsantes, Cui Guanglei, Laurence Cuffe,
Douglas J. Fox (from Gaussian), and specially Omar Stradella (from SGI) for
their help. 

Briefly, all of them agree in that the SGI Fortran Compiler v7.2.1 must
be updated with the patch 3265 to properly compile G98 under SGI 6.5.   
		Regards, 

							Reinaldo

*************************** the appended mail *******************************

I was trying to compile Gaussian 98, Rev A7, to run on an Origin 2000
under Irix 6.5.5m (according uname -R) and MIPSpro Fortran and C compilers
version 7.2.1.

The compilation log file has several Error messages like this one 

>file [m-z]*.F not found.
>ar: Error: [m-z]*.o cannot open
>a - [m-z]*.o

and ends with the following lines

>f77 -nocpp -w -i8 -r8   -mips4 -64 -align64 -r10000 -mp -G 0  -O3
->LNO:blocking=OFF:prefetch=1 -r8const
->OPT:roundoff=3:IEEE_arithmetic=3:IEEE_comparisons=1:liberal_ivdep=T>RUE:Ol
imit=0:reorg_common=OFF  -o unfchk unfchk.o   util.so -mp ->lblas_mp -lfastm 
>endif

The *.exe are generated but when I run a test job, it ends at link 301
stating that

IBasis=xxx is unrecognized in AtmBas

of course I'm using the most trivial basis sets, 3-21g* or 6-31g*, and
main-group elements, thus that error is nonsense.

*************************** end of mail *********************************