Subject: atomic hyperpolarizabilities

From: "Andrea G. Alparone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:33:26 +0200

Hi CCL users !

Does anybody know the existence of experimental and/or reliable
theoretical second-order hyperpolarizabilities (gamma) of
open shell neutral atoms ?

I only know an old numerical SCF work on He through Ne atoms (Voegel et
al. , J. Chem. Phys., 1979, 70, 1107)
and a recent paper of Zhou and Dykstra (J. Phys., Chem. A, 2000, 104,
2204).

Thanks to everyone

Andrea

---

From: "Ajit J. Thakkar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:20:02 -0300

>open shell neutral atoms ?
    See  A.K. Das and A.J. Thakkar, J. Phys. B 31, 2215 (1998) for CCSD(T)
values [boron through fluorine]. 
-- 
Dr. Ajit J. Thakkar
Department of Chemistry                 Tel: 1-506-453-4629
University of New Brunswick             Fax: 1-506-453-4981
Fredericton, NB  E3B 6E2                 E-mail: [email-masked]
Canada                                  http://www.unb.ca/chem/ajit/