Subject: ESPA Conference. 2nd Circular

From: Txema Mercero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:24:36 +0200

Dear Colleague,

This is the 2nd Circular of the "Electronic Structure: Prediction and
Applications" Conference that will be held in Donostia (the Basque name
of San Sebastian) from October 4-6, 2000. You will find herein useful
information concerning various aspects that might require your
attention. Please read it carefully and refer to the web page of the
Conference, http://www.sc.ehu.es/espa ,whenever required

Conference Site.

The Conference will be held at "Miramar Jauregia", a Palace by the sea.
All sessions will be held in the same room. Due to the space limitations
the organizing committee has set a maximum number of participants of 120
persons. Hence, early registration and payment is strongly recommended.

Programme

The scientific programme will comprise of 24 invited lectures and two
poster sessions, which will cover the following topics

  1. Femtosecond dynamics
  2. Dielectric Response
  3. DFT, including TDDFT
  4. Change and Reactivity
  5. Molecular Dynamics, Quantum Molecular Dynamics and Quantum Monte
     Carlo
  6. QM/MM, Biochemical applications
  7. Clusters
  8. Transition Metal Chemistry, including Metallofullerenes
  9. Solvent effects and water

Full details concerning lectures and speakers may be found at the web
page of the conference.

Posters

Poster sessions will be held on Wednesday evening and Tuesday evening
and they are intended to be one central  event of the Conference.
Attendees are encouraged to profit from the possibilities offered by
poster presentations, including informal discussion, format free
information exchange and building personal relationships with other
colleagues.

Posters will be published electronically on the web page of the
conference. Therefore, authors can take advantage of the facilities
provided by electronic publications. However, we would like to advice
authors to observed the following criteria:

   * The title of the abstract should be concise
   * The name of the poster presenter should be clearly indicated as
     marked with an asterisk
   * References, denoted by superscript numbers in the text, should be
     listed at the end of the text.
   * Links to personal or other web pages are welcome and will
     facilitate the spreading of complementary information.

Please submit electronically your poster to the following e-mail
address: [email-masked] . We will place it at the corresponding spot in
the web page of the Conference. Do not hesitate to contact us if you do
not feel fully satisfied with the appearance of your poster, we will do
our best to meet your expectations.

Payment

Please follow the instructions given on the front page of the web site
of the conference, or alternatively click here
http://www.sc.ehu.es/powgep99/dcytp/teoricos/inter/payment.htm . Payment
can be only be accepted in Spanish Pesetas or Euros. The registration
fee is 30000 Ptas or 181 Euros. Students have a reduced fee of 15000
Ptas or 90 Euros.

Special Diet / Disability

Participants who require special diets should give details of the diet
required to the organizers by a message sent to [email-masked] .
Similarly, the organizers are willing to assist whether possible with
special needs in respect of any disability and requirements should be
indicated by a message to [email-masked]

Accommodation

Please visit the conference web page for full information about
accommodation in Donostia. Nevertheless, the Conference has agreed with
the following three hotels,

  1. Hotel Costa Vasca ([email-masked], Voice: +34-943-211011,
     Fax:+34-943-212428)
  2. Hotel San Sebastian (Voice: +34-943-214400, Fax: +34-943-217299)
  3. Hotel Aranzazu ( Voice: +34-943-219077, Fax: +34-943-219050)

which are conveniently located within a walking distance from the
Conference site, a price of 8000 Ptas (48.2 Euros) , plus 7% VAT for a
single room per night including continental breakfast. Attendees are
urged to make early reservations. Please contact directly with the
hotel. Nevertheless, contact us at [email-masked] if you need further
help.

Meals

Donostia is a city of gastronomy. You will find it out once you arrive
in the city. However, short meals are also served anywhere. We have
counted more that 20 among bars, small restaurants and cantinas within a
walking distance from the Conference site. A regular lunch or dinner
meal comprises starter, main course and dessert. Bread, water and wine
are included in the price, but coffee usually is not. Average price is
1100 Ptas (6.6 Euros). Please visit the conference web page to learn
more about this important issue.

Banquet

We will have a closing banquet as an integral and unseparable part of
the conference's activities. It will be held Tuesday 5 October 2000, at
9:00 PM in a restaurant near the Conference site. There will be no extra
fee for the banquet, it is included in the registration fee.

General information

   * Cancellations. Applications may be cancelled by Friday 1 September
     2000 in which case a partial refund of 75% of fees already paid
     will be made. It will not be possible to offer any refunds if
     details of cancellations are received after this date.
   * Bursaries. A limited number of bursaries are available to students
     whose attendance cannot be covered by any other source. Anyone
     wishing to apply should contact either Dr. Andres Arnau
     ([email-masked]) or Dr. Ana Arrieta ([email-masked]) for an
     application form as soon as possible. The closing date for
     returning applications is Monday 31 July 2000.

Publication in the Special Issue of the International Journal of Quantum
Chemistry

Proceedings of the conference will be published as a special issue of
the International Journal of Quantum Chemistry. Manuscripts should be
submitted in triplicate to the on-site editorial office during the
conference, and should follow the standard style of Int. J. Quantum
Chem. (see
http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0020-7608/authors.html for
details).

See you in Donostia.

Ana Arrieta
Andres Arnau
Jesus Ugalde
(Local Organizing Committee)