Subject: 9th Conference on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry

From: Jerzy Leszczynski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:37:49 -0500

9th CCTCC - First Announcement

           9th Conference on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry

US Army Corps of Engineers Waterways Experiment Station Vicksburg, Mississippi

                      November 3rd and 4th, 2000.

Dear Colleague:

We are pleased to announce the 9th Conference on Current Trends in
Computational Chemistry.  This symposium, organized by Jackson State
University, will cover all areas of computational chemistry as well as
quantum chemistry.  The local host of the conference is the US Army
Corps of Engineers Waterways Experiment Station (WES) in Vicksburg,
Mississippi.  (40 miles west of Jackson) on November 3rd and 4th, 2000.

The format consists of a series of plenary lectures and poster
presentations on Friday and Saturday covering applications as well as
theory.  In addition, a banquet is scheduled for Friday evening and a
dinner and reception for Saturday evening.  The 9th Conference will also
feature another talk given in the ancillary Noble Lecture Series.
This series was initiated during the 6th CCTCC by a remarkable
presentation by Istvan Hargittai entitled The Molecules Among Us:
Conversations with Famous Chemists and followed by a lecture Past and
Future of the Fullerene Story delivered by Eiji Osawa during the 7th
CCTCC.  The lectures in this series are presented in a relaxed,
after-dinner atmosphere by the noble speakers and are devoted to noble
scientific events and people.  As such, it is an exceptional lecture to
the conference and, contrary to the regular talks, might not necessarily
report any Current findings.  This year the talk will be delivered by
Henry F. Schaefer, III from the University of Georgia.

We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to four pages each) of
all invited talks and poster presentations.  Original scientific
contributions will be published in a special issue of the Journal of
Molecular Structure (THEOCHEM).  Manuscripts for inclusion in the
special issue should be submitted in triplicate upon arrival at the
registration desk.  Submitted papers will be subject to the journals
standard referee procedures.

Sincerely,

Jerzy Leszczynski
Chairman of the Organizing Committee
Enclosure

9th Conference on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry

November 3 & 4, 2000
Vicksburg, MS

Name
________________________________________________________________________

Mailing
Address
______________________________________________________________________

Telephone: __________________FAX ________________ E-mail
______________________

If you wish to present a poster, please indicate the title below.  All
abstracts are due by September 1, 2000 (up to 4 pages in length),
presenting author underlined, photo ready quality, in duplicate) to
ensure publication in the Conference materials.

TITLE:
_______________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS:
__________________________________________________________________

Conference materials, banquet and reception fee, all meals from
breakfast Friday through dinner Saturday, coffee, and refreshments are
included per paid participant.

Make Checks payable to: Current Trends in Computational Chemistry.

Registration fee before September 1, 2000  US$ $150.00 - -
$______________
Registration fee
thereafter                                               $200.00 - -
$______________
Registration fee at student discount          $  75.00
$_____________

Housing: the organizers will not make housing reservations.  To reserve
a room at the special conference rate of $50.00 - $60.00 per room,
contact the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, 3330 Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS
39180, Tel. (601) 636-4552, Reservations should be arranged with the
Holiday Inn prior to October 10, 2000.

I do ____ do not ____ plan to stay at the conference hotel
I do ____ do not ____ plan to submit a paper to the special issue of
THEOCHEM

http://tiger.jsums.edu/~cctcc/conf homepage.html
Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217,
USA
Conference Chairman: Jerzy Leszczynski, Tel: 601-979-3482, email
jerzy2.iris5.jsums.edu;
Conference Secretary: Ms. Shonda R. Allen, Tel: (601)979-3723, email:
[email-masked]

                     List of Invited Speakers

Benoit Champagne                  University Notre-Dame de la Paix

Jurgen Gauss                      Mainz University

Ilya Kaplan                       University of Mexico

Jerome Karle                      Naval Research Laboratory

Iwao Ohmine                       Nagoya University

Mark Olson                        Biomedical Supercomputer Center

Roman Osman                       Mt. Sinai School of Medicine

Michele Parrinello                Max-Planck Institute

Andrzej Sadlej                    Nicolaus Copernicus University at Torun

Henry F. Schaefer III*            University of Georgia

Vladimir Spirko                   Hejrovsky Institute of Physical
Chemistry

Robert E. Wyatt                   University of Texas at Austin

Tom Ziegler                       University of Calgary

* After  dinner Noble Lecture Series