Subject: An IBM supercomputer designed for simulating nuclear explosions has turned out to

From: Jonathan Desp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:32:39 -0400

An IBM supercomputer designed for simulating nuclear explosions has
turned out to be 23 percent faster than anticipated when the project
began, IBM will announce tomorrow. The $110 million machine, called ASCI
White, was assembled at IBM's test facility in Poughkeepsie, N.Y., and
is being reassembled at its final home, Lawrence Livermore National
Laboratory (LLNL) in Livermore, Calif. The machine takes up two
basketball courts worth of floor space, weighs 106 tons, and has 8,192
CPUs. 

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-2167700.html?tag=st.ne.1002.thed.ni

-- 
Very truly yours,

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Jonathan Desp
Atoma
Matter will become Software
http://www.atoma.f2s.com
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>