Subject: question about compilation of g98 in sgi

From: Dami�n Scherlis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:54:45 +0200 (MEST)

Hello.
 I have been trying to compile Gaussian98 on a SGI R10000
 with the f77. When I run the script installation file
 (bldg98) it fails in several points. The IRIX platform is
 properly detected before compilation (g98.make=sgi.make),
 but it does not finish succesfully. Many error and warning
 messages appear, as for example: 

 gau-fsplit ../cphfutil.F
 Cannot execute binary file
 /external/usr/damian/g98/gau-fsplit - Exec format error                       

 What is the cause of this?
 Should I modify anything before running bldg98 to allow the
 compilation ? . Any suggestion or idea about what I am doing
 wrong will be appreciated.
 Thanks.

 Damian Scherlis
 [email-masked]