Subject: External Electric Field

From: Deepak Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 17:07:34 -0400

Hi folks

I am trying to study the effects of an external electric field on a
molecule (1-2 V).  I am not quite sure how to go about doing this using
GAUSSIAN98 or GAMESS.  Has anyone had experience with this king of
calculation?

I suspect one has to use the field keyword for this (in G98), but
I would like to be sure?

Thanks

Deepak

--
**********************************************************************
Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry                  Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : [email-masked]
1-014 CST, Syracuse                 URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin
**********************************************************************