Subject: optimization method for multisubunit protein model

From: Pornthep Sompornpisut <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:09:46 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

   Does any body know an appropriate methodology or strategy to perform
energy minimization of the protein model system containing identical
multisubunit (tetra, penta or hexameric) arrangement? Since the
optimization using different methods (Powell, SD, CG) produces
unsymmetrically conformational changes. My point is that the same
conformational change should take place every subunit, not change only one
or two subunits greater than the remaining subunits.

   Any comments are appreciate? Thank you.
Thep

=======================================================================
Pornthep  Sompornpisut, Ph.D
Postdoctoral Fellow
Molecular Physiology & Biological Physics
University of Virginia
1300 Jefferson Park Ave
Charlottesville VA 22906
Tel: 804-924-5473
Fax: 804-982-1616
Email:[email-masked]
=======================================================================