Subject: CCL: References for Lattice Energy Calculations

From: Chan-Kyung Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:01:32 -0700 (PDT)

Dear CCLer's
 
    I sent the following message several times to CCL. But I think that it did 
not delivered properly because I did not receive my message back until now. So,
here it goes again. Sorry if you receive the same message several times.
 
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Message Sent +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear CCLer's
 
    I am sorry if it is a little bit off topic.
 
    I was looking for references on the calculation of Lattice Energies of 
Metallic Salts (formed between Li+, Na+, K+, or Ag+, or Cu+ cation and Cl-, Br-,
N3-, or SCN-,....anion) using the periodic first-principle calculations. But I 
could not locate any reference. Would you please tell me some relevant 
references?
 
    I also interested in doing such calculations. Could somebody please tell me
the starting point of such calculations(softwares, Web page, book,,,)? 
 
    Thank you for your help in advance.
 
Chan.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
With best wishes,
 
Chan