Subject: COMP symposium award

From: "Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Aug 2000 13:49:44 -0500

Dear CCLers,

Last week, the Computers in Chemistry Division (COMP) held 
the first ever Emerging Technology Symposium at the 
American Chemical Society National Meeting, Washington, DC.

Seven speakers competed for a prize of $1000, sponsored by 
Schroedinger, Inc.

We are happy to announce the winner, who received a cash 
prize at the meeting:  Prof. Amiram Goldblum (Hebrew 
University of Jerusalem) spoke on work by himself and his 
student Meir Glick.  The talk was entitled "A novel 
stochastic algorithm for structure predictions in proteins 
and for biomolecular interactions."

The following six speakers received a complimentary volume of 
"Reviews in Computational Chemistry":

Melissa L. Plount Price (Yale University)
Matthew R. Lee (University of California, San Francisco)
Randy J. Zauhar (University of the Sciences in Philadelphia)
Shiang-Tai Lin (University of Delaware)
Thomas F. Hendrickson (Agouron Pharmaceuticals)
Joao M. Aires-de-Sousa (New University of Lisbon, Portugal)

Congratulations to Amiram and everyone else who participated.

The seven talks were judged by a Panel of Experts consisting of 
Prof. Curt Breneman, Dr. George R. Famini, Dr. Charles H. Reynolds, 
Dr. Peter S. Shenkin, Dr. David C. Spellmeyer, and Dr. Terry R. Stouch.

Thanks, Don

Donald B. Boyd, Ph.D.
Editor, Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling
	(publication of the ACS COMP division and MGMS)
	http://chem.iupui.edu/~boyd/jmgm.html
Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
E-mail [email-masked]