Subject: recommended visualization software?

From: "Shobe, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:59:58 -0400

Suppose I have a 3-dimensional array of data (commonly known as a 
cube file) about a molecule.  For now I'm most interested in spin densities,

transition densities, and electon density differences on ionization.

I would like a way to visualize this data, both for my own understanding
and for communication.  I know that there are several commercial 
programs that do this, but I need to minimize my cost. :-( 

I alrady have GaussView (but if it has the ability to do this, I don't know
how to activate it), and I have downloaded Casgen and Pgplot but
can't get the Casgen examples to work.  I am using a Windows PC
and the languages I have are Salford Fortran95 and Perl, plus whatever
version of Visual Basic comes with MS Office.

Anyway, if someone out there can recommend cheap visualization
software for this, I'd appreciate it.  

--David Shobe
Süd-Chemie Inc.
phone (502) 634-7409
fax     (502) 634-7724
email  [email-masked]

Any opinions herein are not necessarily representative of Süd-Chemie.

---

From: "Phillip Matz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:41:12 -0700

Hello David!

Try Molden3.6 for windows or linux, it reads Gaussian cube files just fine
and the software is free.

http://www.caos.kun.nl/~schaft/molden/windowsnt95.html
http://www.caos.kun.nl/~schaft/molden/molden.html

Respectfully,
Phillip Matz
[email-masked]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shobe, Dave" <[email-masked]>
To: "'CCL'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 8:59 AM
Subject: CCL:recommended visualization software?

> -= This is automatically added to each message by mailing script =-
> [email-masked] -- To Everybody    |   [email-masked] -- To
Admins
> [email-masked] -- HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH
> [email-masked] -- archive search    |    Gopher: gopher.ccl.net
70
> Ftp: ftp.ccl.net  |  WWW: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry/   | Jan:
[email-masked]