Subject: autodock: max_tors

From: Johanna Mazlo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 16:28:48 -0500 (CDT)

Dear CCL members,

I am a new user of AUTODOCK.  I am trying to dock a peptide to a fab
portion of an antibody. I am having difficulty with the step:
autodock3 -p lig.macro.dpf -l lig.macro.dlg &

The peptide has more than the default for MAX_TORS of 32, therefore 
this step does not successfully complete and it says that the MAX_TORS
has exceeded the limit (32) thus change constant.h.  I have changed 
the constant.h to 100. I have also done what the manual suggests which is
the change the MAX_TORS in autodock.h to 100 and recompile.  I have gone
back and done all the steps including making the pdqs, autotors, etc.
However, it still says that the MAX_TORS of 32 has been exceeded and will
not complete the docking using autodock3.  I am hoping someone could tell
me what I am doing wrong.    

Thank you for your help.

Johanna Mazlo

University of Nebraska
Lincoln, Nebraska 68588-0304
[email-masked]