Subject: Summary of replies to Simplified DFT reference

From: Dave Price <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:51:27 -0100

Dear CCLers,
Thank you to all (named below) that repsonded to my question.  The
answers
fell between two camps; one went for -

'Structural Chemistry and Biology' eds A. Rich and N. Davidson.
W.H. Freeman (San Francisco) 753-760 (1968)

while the other group went for-

"Lecture Notes in Quantum Chemistry II", edited by B. O. Roos,
Springer-Verlag (1994)

but it was pointed out that this statement was made in a
spectroscopy(?)
conference in 1965 (before I was born, I'm affraid).

I have checked the former reference and it does indeed contain the
same
sort of arguements as above, but from the stand-point of proving the
theorem not to be incorrect.  I haven't been able to lay my hands on
the
second reference yet and, as stated previously, was too young to
attend
the said conference.

I am deeply indebted to -

Laurence Cuffe, Thomas Bligaard Pedersen, Claudia Stückl, Thomas Gray, 
Pradipta Bandyopadhyay, Marcel Swart, Petra from Duesseldorf, 
Wolfgang Roth and Chris Page.

I hope I haven't missed out anyone and that you will forgive me not
replying to each of you individually.

	Cheers,
		Dave

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr. David W. Price,       Tel: +44 (0)118 9875123  extn 7415
Department of Chemistry,  Fax: +44 (0)118 9316331
University of Reading,    mailto:[email-masked]
Whiteknights, 
READING               
http://www.chem.rdg.ac.uk/g50/mmrg/dave/dave.html
RG6 6AD 
U.K.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Paul Mathias <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 15:33:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Price [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 6:51 AM
To: Comp Chem Mailing List
Subject: CCL:Summary of replies to Simplified DFT reference

Dear CCLers,

	Cheers,
		Dave