Subject: CCL: Chemical Applications of Natanzon Potentials

From: Hermann Albrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:19:48 -0400

Dear all CLL netters:

I am an undergraduate chemistry student at the Universidad Simón Bolívar
in Caracas, Venezuela. I am currently finishing my Thesis where my tutor
and I developed an algebraic method to calculate both bound and
scattering states for the Natanzon's Hypergeometric Potentials using a
particular representation of the SO(2,1) Lie group. We exemplified our
procedure solving the Pöschl-Teller, Rosen-Morse, Eckart and Scarf
Potentials. I am currently searching for appropriate bibliography to
illustrate the applications in Chemistry of these potentials. Never the
less, it has been a difficult
task, since Natanzon's Confluent Potentials (i.e. Morse Potential) are
more widely used than the Hypergeometric ones. I would like to know if
there is any material relating the mentioned potentials to applications
in Chemistry, i.e. molecular modeling, description of molecular
vibration, spectroscopy and others. I would highly appreciate any
information you may send me, since this is the last step to finish the
writing of my thesis.

Sincerely,

Hermann Albrecht
[email-masked]