Subject: GROMACS compiling

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 11:41:29 -0800

Hi CCLers...

I compiled GROMACS in my computer but some errors were detected
and only three bynaries were produced.
My computer is SGI IRIX6.2 R5000 (INDY).
I read the Readme.html and tried to compile as it said.
And I tried to correct the R5000 compiled error as Readme, too.

Could you tell me what is wrong...?

Error message was followed...

cc -n32 -r5000 -mips4 -O3 -OPT:IEEE_arithmetic=3 -OPT:rsqrt=ON
-SWP:loop_overhead -INLINE:=ON -LNO:opt=1 -LNO:ou_further=3
-OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=typed -fullwarn -woff 1174  -D_s5k_
-DHAVE_IDENT -D__INLINE_INTRINSICS -DHAVE_STRDUP -D_SGI_
-DHAVE_STRCASECMP -DSIMPLEWATER  -DHAVE_MOTIF -DUSEF/error
...skipping
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "fftw_hc2hc_backward_generic" --
1st referenced by /usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k/libfftw.s5k.a(rplanner.o).
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "fftw_hc2hc_forward_generic" --
1st referenced by /usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k/libfftw.s5k.a(rplanner.o).
ld32: INFO 60: Output file removed because of error.
make[1]: *** [mdrun] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/kernel'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/tools'
echo "No library in tools"
No library in tools
cc -L/usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k -n32 -r5000 -mips4  -o g_disre g_disre.o
-Bstatic -lmd.s5k -lgmx.s5k -lfftw.s5k -Bdynamic -lm -lXm -lXt -lX11
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "fftw_hc2hc_backward_generic" --
1st referenced by /usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k/libfftw.s5k.a(rplanner.o).
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "fftw_hc2hc_forward_generic" --
1st referenced by /usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k/libfftw.s5k.a(rplanner.o).
ld32: INFO 60: Output file removed because of error.
make[1]: *** [g_disre] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/tools'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/ngmx'
echo "No library in ngmx"
No library in ngmx
cc -L/usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k -n32 -r5000 -mips4  -o ngmx ngmx.o xutil.o
xmb.o x11.o xdlghi.o fgrid.o xdlgitem.o popup.o pulldown.o xdlg.o
manager.o buttons.o nmol.o nleg.o dialogs.o logo.o filter.o molps.o
-lgmx.s5k -lm -lXm -lXt -lX11
cc -L/usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k -n32 -r5000 -mips4  -o xrama xrama.o
xutil.o xmb.o x11.o xdlghi.o fgrid.o xdlgitem.o popup.o pulldown.o
xdlg.o manager.o buttons.o nmol.o nleg.o dialogs.o logo.o filter.o
molps.o       -lgmx.s5k -lm -lXm -lXt -lX11
cc -L/usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k -n32 -r5000 -mips4  -o highway highway.o
xutil.o xmb.o x11.o xdlghi.o fgrid.o xdlgitem.o popup.o pulldown.o
xdlg.o manager.o buttons.o nmol.o nleg.o dialogs.o logo.o filter.o
molps.o   -lgmx.s5k -lm -lXm -lXt -lX11
cd /usr3/MD/GROMACS/bin/s5k ; /bin/rm -f  ngmx  xrama  highway
chmod 755  ngmx  xrama  highway
mv  ngmx  xrama  highway /usr3/MD/GROMACS/bin/s5k
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/ngmx'
local: Does not exist
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src'
\mkdir -p /usr3/MD/GROMACS/bin/s5k /usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k;
cd include; /usr3/Util/make-3.79.1/make oclean; cd ..; cd gmxlib;
/usr3/Util/make-3.79.1/make oclean; cd ..; cd mdlib;
/usr3/Util/make-3.79.1/make oclean; cd ..; cd fftw;
/usr3/Util/make-3.79.1/make oclean; cd ..; cd kernel;
/usr3/Util/make-3.79.1/make oclean; cd ..; cd tools;
/usr3/Util/make-3.79.1/make oclean; cd ..; cd ngmx;
/usr3/Util/make-3.79.1/make oclean; cd ..;
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/include'
rm -f *~ #*#
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/include'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr3/MD/GROMACS/src/gmxlib'
/
...skipping
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "fftw_hc2hc_backward_generic" --
1st referenced by /usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k/libfftw.s5k.a(rplanner.o).
ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "fftw_hc2hc_forward_generic" --
1st referenced by /usr3/MD/GROMACS/lib/s5k/libfftw.s5k.a(rplanner.o).
ld32: INFO 60: Output file removed because of error.
make[2]: *** [mdrun] Error 2

Bye...

                                             11. 8 young

--
=================================
Jee-Young Lee
The Catholic University of Korea
Department of Chemistry
Ph.D candidate
TEL. +82-32-3403-674
=================================