Subject: nominations for Patterson-Crane award

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:00:07 -0500

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

                      American Chemical Society Award

     Nominees  for  the  2001 Patterson-Crane Award are being sought by the
Dayton  and  Columbus, Ohio Sections of the American Chemical Society.  The
biennial  award,  consisting  of  a  $2000  honorarium  and  a personalized
commendation,  is  given  in  honor of Austin M. Patterson and E. J. Crane,
previous editors of Chemical Abstracts.

     An   international   honor,  the  Patterson-Crane  Award  acknowledges
outstanding  contributions  to the field of chemical information, including
the  design,  development, production or management of chemical information
systems   or   services;   electronic  access  and  retrieval  of  chemical
information; critically evaluated data compilations; information technology
applications in chemistry; or other significant chemical documentation.

     Nominations  for  the  award must be in writing and should discuss the
nominee's   contributions  to  the  field  and  provide  an  evaluation  of
accomplishments.   Materials  supporting  the  nomination  should include a
biography  and  bibliography  of publications and presentations relevant to
the award.  Seconding letters are required.

     Send one copy of the nomination materials to The Patterson-Crane Award
Committee, Melinda Greer, Chair, University of Dayton Chemistry Department,
300  College  Park,  Dayton, OH 45469-2357, for receipt by 31 January 2001.
For  more  detailed  information,  see  the  ACS  Dayton Section web page (
http://www.udayton.edu/~acs)  or contact Melinda Greer at (937) 229-2666 or
[email-masked].

     Nominations  will  be  judged  by  a  seven-member selection committee
consisting  of  Dayton and Columbus Section members as well as the Chair of
the  American  Chemical Society Division of Chemical Information.  The 2001
Patterson-Crane  Award  will be presented 8 May 2001 at an awards dinner to
be held in Dayton, Ohio.