Subject: call for papers/chemical education

From: Eric Scerri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:51:46 -0800

CALL FOR PAPERS:     SPECIAL ISSUE OF FOUNDATIONS OF CHEMISTRY

						ON

				"CHEMICAL EDUCATION"

Articles are invited on the general theme of Chemical Education and 
in particular topics under the following general categories;

Models and Analogies in Teaching Chemistry,
Ethics & Chemistry,
Chemistry & Philosophy,
Computational Chemistry and Chemical Education,
The role of Philosophy of Science in Chemical Education,
The use and development of conceptual thinking in Chemical Education,
Biology and Chemical Education,
Recent trends in Chemical Education Research,
The role of Comprehension & Literacy in Chemical Education.
Visualization and Chemistry,
Chemistry, Chemical Education and the Internet,
The particular nature and style of Chemical Explanations,
Constructivism in Chemical Education,
The use of History in Chemical Education,
The historical development of Chemical Education Research,
New themes in Chemical Education,
What is special about Chemical Education within Science Education.
Literature reviews of specific areas in Chemical Education scholarship.
The role of mathematics and abstraction in Chemical Education.
etc.

All articles should be submitted directly to the publisher (Kluwer 
Academic Press) see journal web page address below.  Deadline:  End 
of April 2001.  Papers received later than this date will be 
considered for regular Varia issues.

Inquiries regarding suitability of submissions etc should be sent to 
the editor, Eric Scerri, preferably by E-mail.

Please consult the web pages below if you have not already done so 
for instructions to authors, tables of contents, references to work 
in philosophy of chemistry/chemical education etc.

-- 
Eric Scerri ,
Visiting Professor,
UCLA,
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
607 Charles E. Young Drive East,
Los Angeles,  CA 90095-1569
USA

E-mail :   [email-masked]
tel:  310 206 7443
fax:  310 206 2061
Web Page:    http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Faculty/scerri/index.html

Editor  of  Foundations of Chemistry
http://www.wkap.nl/journalhome.htm/1386-4238

Also see International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry
http://www.georgetown.edu/earleyj/ISPC.html