Subject: announcing mdxvu MD analysis code

From: Mark Forster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:29:31 +0000

Dear Molecular Modellers

The mdxvu program (pronounded MDX view) is a molecular dynamics and molecular
structure analysis code. The program was initially developed as a lightweight
tool for visualising and analysing MD trajectories produced by the AMBER suite
of programs. Trajectories produced by the TINKER suite can now also be analysed
after file conversion. A file filter for handling the output of the DISCOVER
dynamics program is in development.

The binaries, a brief manual and example files for mdxvu are now available from
the site

     http://www.nibsc.ac.uk/mdxvu/

The mdxvu program uses the X11/Xlib library for graphics. It was developed and
tested on Silicon Graphics and Intel/Linux systems. The SGI executable should
run on R4000 or higher CPUs under Irix 6.5 or later. The Linux version was built
on a PIII system using Red Hat linux 6.1, this version has also been found to
work on a SuSE Linux 6.3 installation.

See the manual.htm file for a more detailed description of the program features,
legalese etc.
Please forgive any duplicate posting.

Mark

--

  Dr Mark J Forster Ph.D.
  Principal Scientist
  Informatics Laboratory
  National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
  Blanche Lane, South Mimms,
  Hertfordshire EN6 3QG, United Kingdom.

  Tel  +44 (0)1707 654753
  FAX  +44 (0)1707 646730
  E-mail  [email-masked]