Subject: SAMs Modeling Symposium - Chicago ACS - 8/2001

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:56:15 -0600

Dear Colleague:

     This note is to invite you to participate in the symposium:

       Computational Modeling and Simulation of Self-Assembled Materials
        222nd National American Chemical Society Meeting in Chicago, IL
                               August 26-30, 2001

           Sponsored by the Division of Colloid and Surface Chemistry
             Co-Sponsored by the Division of Computers in Chemistry
                     and the Division of Fluorine Chemistry

     The symposium will be focused on the computational modeling and simulation
of self-assembled materials such as self-assembled organic monolayers,
multi-layer films, and polymers.  Contributions are requested which cover a wide
range of chemistries including hydrocarbon, fluorocarbon, silane-based, mixed
chemistry and more.  The modeling of materials as freestanding films and
membranes as well as on substrates is of interest.  Papers are requested for the
symposium, which will cover a wide-range of molecular compounds, synthetic
polymeric materials, biological compounds, and biopolymers.   Contributions
focused on self-organization involving both polymeric sidechains and/or
backbones are of great interest.  Papers are also requested employing a wide
range of methodologies including for example atomistic molecular modeling and
simulation approaches, mesoscale approaches, and more.

     In addition to presentations during the ACS meeting we plan to organize a
group social event to allow for greater interaction of participants.  We are
also planning on publishing the proceedings in an ACS or other appropriate
review series.  Complementing the Computational Modeling and Simulation
Symposium in the Colloids and Surfaces Division will be symposia on Gels and
Self-Assembled Films, Advances at the Solid Liquid Interface, and Advanced
Membrane Materials.

     Attached could you please find the formal Call for Papers.  In addition
could you please feel free to contact either of us for any additional
information.  Thank you very much.

     With best regards,

     Mario Blanco                             Rick Ross
     California Institute of Technology            3M Company
     co-organizer                             co-organizer
     [email-masked]                    [email-masked]

     (See attached file: SAMS_announc.doc)