Subject: Announcement regarding 5th Annual Lake Tahoe Symposium

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:06:55 -0600 (CST)

Hello --

I have been asked to forward the appended meeting announcement.  First,
I'd like to explain/add four points:

1. The name of the Symposium ("... on Molecular Diversity") is, in my 
opinion, somewhat misleading.  It is *NOT* a symposium focused on 
chemistry-space metrics or algorithms!!!  As the name was intended to
imply, the program is *VERY* diverse!  ;-)  It includes lectures on 
topics such as molecular recognition mechanisms, new screening and 
virtual screening technologies, new methods for combinatorial synthesis,
genomics, proteomics, target selection, etc.

2. The format of the symposium is similar to that of Gordon Research
Conferences:  lectures in the mornings and evenings, leaving afternoons
free for informal discussions, networking, and recreation.  Also, the
rooms and meals are very nice.

3. The quality and tone of the symposium are also similar to those
of Gordon Research Conferences.  

4. Poster presentations are invited but limited to one per registrant.

Hope to see you there,

  -- Bob Pearlman

------------------------ forwarded announcement ------------------------

The Lake Tahoe Center (a not-for-profit educational foundation) is pleased
to announce the 5th International Lake Tahoe Symposium on MOLECULAR
DIVERSITY, to be held January 29 - February 2, 2001.  This annual meeting
embraces new capabilities for generating molecular diversity and their
integration with other powerful new technologies for target selection,
molecular modeling, library design, information management and analysis,
assay development and high throughput screening.  This year there will be
particular emphasis on new proteomic developments applicable to drug
discovery and development. 

View the program of 42 invited academic and industrial speakers at
http://www.laketahoesymposia.org/5thMolDiv.htm

Get registration information by visiting the Lake Tahoe Symposia 
web site:  http://www.laketahoesymposia.org

You may forward this notice to colleagues who might also be interested in
our program - thank you!

Lake Tahoe Symposia
Lake Tahoe Center
604 South Saltair Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90049-4135

Ph: 	310 825-9329  (310 476-1147)
Fax: 	310 206-1703  (310 476-7741)
Em: 	[email-masked]
URL: 	http://www.laketahoesymposia.org