Subject: Re: CCL:Two specific questions about absorption spectra

From: sergiusz kwasniewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:05:00 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I'm not considering fluorescence for the moment. I'm interested in UV/Vis
absorption spectroscopy for electron excitations (where the energy is measured
in nm). The thing is the choice of the bandwidth. I would like to know the
difference between the bandwidth with and without vibronic coupling. If you
would know some references about this I would definitely appreciate it.

Thanks
Sergiusz

At 02:01 PM 12/4/00 +0000, Wolfgang Roth wrote:
>Hello Sergiusz,
>
>>I'm trying to convolute a line spectrum using a Voigt bandshape. I know that
>>it is a convolution of a Gaussian and a Lorentzian bandshape but I don't know
>>in what ratio.
>>
>>What is the normal fwhm to use to convolute these spectra in the case of
>>organic conjugated molecules ?
>
>What sort of spectroscopy are you interested in? Bandwidth might be as
>small as 50 to 100 MHz if you consider High Resolution laser induced
>fluorescence of e.g. phenol in a molecular beam (see 
>     Giel Berden, Leo Meerts and Michael Schmitt, Karl Kleinermanns, high
>resolution UV spectroscopy of Phenol
>     and the hydrogen bonded Phenol/water cluster, J. Chem. Phys. 104
>(1996) 972 ).
>
>Regards 
>Wolfgang

___________________________________________________

	Sergiusz Kwasniewski
	LUC SBG/TS
	Universitaire Campus Gebouw D
	3590 Diepenbeek
	BELGIUM

	tel(direct): 032 (0)11/268315
	fax	   : 032 (0)11/268301
	email      : [email-masked]
	http://www.luc.ac.be/Research/TheoChem
___________________________________________________